Share It On :
Directions (Q. 1–5): A part of the sentence is underlined. Below are given alternatives to the underlined part A, B and C which may improve the sentence. Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed, your answer is ‘D’.
1. The ground was wet outside when I got up in the morning yesterday. It had been raining all in the night.
rained all in
been raining all through
raining all in
2. The Women's Emancipation Bill was sent back to the Lok Sabha by the President for further examination.
3. The Finance Minister said that he would work for the impartial distribution of wealth.
4. Will you lend me few rupees in this hour of need?
borrow me a few rupees
lend me any rupees
lend me a few rupees
5. After the heavy rains last week, the water in the lake raised another two feet.
would raise another two feet
raise another two feet
rose another two feet