Share It On :
1. Effect: The temple at the religious site wears a deserted look will with the number of devotees trickling down.
Which of the following can be a possible cause of the above effect?
A structural engineer had visited the temple a month back and had declared the structure unsafe.
The temple is facing a drastic depletion of its funds which had accumulated over the years due to offerings made by devotees
The local corporation decided to donate a huge amount of money to the temple for its renovations
The village housing the religious site has qualified priests to perform religious ceremonies
A famous actor recently visited the temple and paid his respects to the deity
2. Statement: The income tax authorities carried out raids at three different business houses in the city last week.
Which of the following can be a possible effect of the above statement?
The three business houses are regular defaulters in payment of their income tax
The income tax department had received a tip off about the illegal activities going on in the three business houses
The government decided to look into the matter and has appointed an inquiry committee
Other business houses took immediate action to clear off all their income tax dues. In order to avoid a raid on their establishments
The authorities intend to conduct raids in several other business houses in the vicinity
3. Effect: As a step to regulate private hospitals, the state health department is framing rules to ensure all such hospitals are registered with it.
Which of the following can be a possible cause of the above statement?
The department realised that private hospitals charge much less for treatment as compared to government hospitals
Government run hospitals do not maintain the same standards as private hospitals
The department realised that several hospitals were rejecting cases stating lack of infrastructure
Apart from the number of doctors, nurses and beds, the kind of procedure a hospital can carry out based on its infrastructure will also be registered and detailed
Private hospitals not registering with the department shall be forced to do so and will have to pay hefty penalties
4. Statement: The constable has been recommended for a suitable reward by his superior in recognition of his sincere duty and busting of several gangs of criminals actively involved in the loot and incidents of pick-picketing.
Which of the following can be assumption implicit in the above statement?
The superior is certain that the recommendation would be denied
The number of criminals apprehended by this particular constable was exceptionally high
The constable desires to be momentarily compensated for his efforts
The superior wants to set an example for his other juniors by recommending the reward
Rewards recognizing the sincerity and accomplishments of policemen are given
5. Statement: The college has finally received accreditation and has gained the status of a deemed university.
The principal of the college will now have to be a retired government official
Number of students seeking admission to this college in the next academic year would drop significantly
The college will charge lesser fees from all its students despite not getting a grant from the government
The college will reduce the number of courses that it runs by a significant margin
The reputation of the college amongst the students population in general has improved