Share It On :
Direction (1 - 5): Study the information carefully to answer the questions that follow.
In a college there are 900 students who are doing Post Graduation (PG) in any one of the subjects, out of the five different subject’s viz. Zoology, Botany. Mathematics, Physics and Statistics. The ratio between the boys and the girls among those is 5: 4 respectively. 20% of the total girls are doing PG in Zoology and 25% of the total girls are doing PG in Statistics. Total number of students doing PG in Botany is 220. Total students who are doing PG in Mathematics is 150. Respective ratio between the number of girls and the number of boys doing PG in Statistics is 2: 3. Twenty percent of the total number of boys are doing PG In Botany. The ratio between the number of girls and boys doing PG in Mathematics is 1: 2 respectively. There are equal number of boys and girls who are doing PG in Physics. 180 students are doing PG in Zoology.
1. What is the total number of students doing PG in Physics and Statistics together?
None of these
2. What is the respective ratio between the boys doing PG in Mathematics and the number of girls doing PG in Botany?
3. What is the difference between the boys doing PG in Zoology and the number of girls doing PG in Mathematics?
4. In which PG course the number of girls is the highest and in which course the number of boys is the lowest (respectively)?
Botany and Mathematics
Mathematics and Physics
Botany and Zoology
Botany and Physics
Statistics and Physics
5. Number of girls doing PG in Statistics is what percent of the number of boys doing PG in Physics?