Share It On :
DIRECTIONS (Qs. 1- 5 ): In each of the following sentences, an idiomatic expression or a proverb is highlighted. Select the alternative which best describes its use in the sentence.
1. He resigned the post of his own accord.
which he liked
according to his convenience
voluntarily and willingly
according to his judgment
None of these
2. As a politician he is used to being in the limelight all the time.
the object of admiration
the centre of attraction
an object of public notice
3. I ran out of money on my European tour.
exhausted my stock of
did not have enough
carried a lot
4. Madhuri might scream blue murder, but I feel Deepali should get the promotion since she is better qualified for the job.
someone has been murdered with some blue liquid
someone is being murdered and has become blue
suffer from persecution complex
make a great deal of noise and object vehemently
5. In modern democratic societies lynch law seems to have become the spheres of life.
law of the mob
law of the underworld
law of the constitution
law of the parliament