Share It On :
Directions (1–5): Which of the phrases (1), (2), (3) and (4) given below each sentence should replace the word/ phrase printed in bold in the sentence to make it grammatically correct? If the sentence is correct as it is given and no correction is required, mark (5) as the answer.
1. The actress, who was in the city for the press conference of her dance reality show, says she chose the show because of her passionate for dance.
being passion in dance
passionate for dancing
being passionate in dancing
passion for dance
No correction required
2. Despite of several representations and reminders, the district administration had not taken any action to stem the systematic encroachment of water bodies.
3. While it is well-known that there are large-scale leakages from the public distribution system across the country, there are many states which have manage successful reform the public distribution system and deliver food grain to the poor.
managed to successfully reform
managed successful reforms
managing successfully to reform
managed for successfully reforming
4. The four-day workshop is being conducted for gear up administration to the changes that will follow with the implementation of the Right to Compulsory and Free Education Act 2009.
so geared up
to gear up
for geared up
to gearing up
5. The court refused to provide relieve to the petitioner and stated that plying of all diesel vehicles was banned with immediate effect.
provision of relief
providing of relieve
provide any relief