Share It On :
Directions (1-5) : Which of the phrases (1), (2), (3), (4) and (5) given below each sentence should replace the word/phrase in bold 1n the sentence to make it grammatically correct.
1. While these circumstances do not exonerate their actions on the least, these are signs of how economic bitterness can create high social costs.
The actions on the least
The actions on their least
Their actions at the least
Their actions in the least
All their actions on the least
2. There is a urgent need to look at alternative sources of potable water in places where water quality has deteriorated sharply.
An urgency to look on
An urgent needs to look for
An urgent need to looking at
An urgent need to look for
Always urgent need to look for and at
3. TISCO had begun to produce __________ steel in the early twentieth century, but the British Chief Commissioner of the Indian Railways had sworn to 'eat every pound of steel rail' they made, if it were to meet British Specifications.
if it ever met British specifications
As it never ever met British specifications
Provided if it were to meet British specifications
Unless it were to meet British specifications
only if they tried to meet British specifications
4. Not only does children have fewer chances of surviving and are underfed they also lack educational opportunities.
Not only did children have
Not only does the child have
Not only does the child has
Not do children have only
Not only do children have
5. But equally, it should be made clear that there is no escape for those who take justice to their own hand.
Take justice onto the own hands.
Take justice onto their own hand.
Take justice into their own hands.
Took justice into their own hand.