Share It On :
Directions (Q.Nos. 1-2) Each sentence below has two blanks, each blank indicating that something has been omitted. Choose the set of words for each blank that best fits the meaning of the sentence as a whole.
1. Water-borne diseases are the most .......... causes of infant deaths .......... the world.
2. If there is nothing to absorb the energy of sound waves, they travel on .........., but their intensity .......... as they travel further from their source.
Directions (Q. Nos.3-5) Which of the phrases (1),(2),(3) and (4) given below should replace the phrase.
Given in bold in the following sentence to make it meaningful and grammatically correct. lf the sentence is meaningful and correct as it is and no correction is required, mark (5) as the answer.
3. House flies that hatch in summer live only about three weeks, but they who hatch during winter live longer than six months.
but those who
than they who
but those that
No correction required
4. In the last 50 years, many people have changed their preference from cars to sports vehicles
their preference to
their preferencing from
there preference from
their preferring to
5. Scientists have suggested that once in eve 10 million year or so, a truly colossal object from space cuts on the atmosphere and slams into Earth.
cuts against the atmosphere
cuts the atmosphere
cuts through the atmosphere
cutting on the atmosphere