Share It On :
Directions (Q. Nos.1- 5) Which of the phrases (1),(2),(3) and (4) given below should replace the phrase.
Given in bold in the following sentence to make it meaningful and grammatically correct. lf the sentence is meaningful and correct as it is and no correction is required, mark (5) as the answer.
1. People discovered the alternate sources of energy when fossil fuel reserves starts to deplete.
start to deplete
starting to deplete
started to deplete
start with deplete
No correction required
2. Despite its attractiveness, investing abroad is being risky owing to the shortage of regulations to protect investors.
might be risk
have been risky
can be as risky as
can be risky
3. The new air fare allows both an adult and a child to fly for the price of one ticket, in order to encouraging travellers during summer.
encourage travellers during summer
encourages travellers is summer
encourage travellers on summer
encouraged travellers during summer
4. According to a court ruling, the owner of polluted land is liable for the clean up of the property even if the owner did not have the responsibility of that pollution.
is not responsible for
responsibility is not there for
did have the responsibility of
has not been in charge of
5. Some research studies indicate that among distinguished artists, the rate of depression is ten times as prevalent as in the population at large.
more than prevalent in the
more prevalent as comparing
as prevalent when comparative
more prevalent than the