Share It On :
Directions (Q. 1- 5): In each sentence below four words that the printed in bold have been lettered (1), (2), (3), (4) and (5). One of them may be wrongly spelt or inappropriate in the context of the sentence. Find out the word, which is wrongly spelt or inappropriate if there is any. The letter of that word is the answer. If all the words, which are printed in bold, are correctly spelt and appropriate in the context of the sentence, mark (5) as the answer ie. All correct.
1. They are negotiating 1)/ to try and reach 2)/ an agreement which will beneficial 3)/ everyone concerned 4)/. All correct 5)
They are negotiating
to try and reach
an agreement which will beneficial
2. The company has decided 1)/ to allot 2)/ a substantial 3)/ portion 4)/of its profits to research and development. All correct 5)
The company has decided
of its profits to research and development.
3. It remains 1)/to be seen whether 2)/ these reforms 2)/will be acceptable 4)/ by the Board. All correct 5)
to be seen whether
will be acceptable by the Board.
4. His main reasoning 1)/ for applying 2)/ for this promotion is the possibility 3)/ of an overseas posting 4)/. All correct 5)
His main reasoning
for this promotion is the possibility
of an overseas posting
5. Since our financial resources 1)/ are limitless 2)/ we cannot afford 3)/ this alternative. All correct 5)
Since our financial resources
we cannot afford